AWESOME ADVENTURES, FANTASTIC FINDS AND LESSONS LEARNED
so far so good
Awesome Adventures: Whats Working:
- Navigating public transport: the kids are amazing and enjoy figuring out tube maps and stations, bus lines and shortest walking routes
- Everyone works as a team: Kids are helping carry groceries and are engaged in the day to day
- Settling in at night – days are busy out and about – at night we spend time in the epic year long card tournament then everyone goes there seperate ways – some piece and quite and well needed alone time.
- Impermanence: there are some homesick moments – but reminding the kids that everyday is different seems to help – teaching them that nothing is permanent – good or bad – everything changes – this has worked thus far…..only 3 weeks in 🙂
- Bromley House (Airbnb)- The location, home and host were outstanding five stars. Right next to a quiet park, running trails and supermarket.
- Paris apartment – OUTSTANDING – great location, magnificent and beautiful –
- Tilgate Park (England) fabulous time for the kids with a Wipe Out Zone / petting Zoo, Lake – had a great day
- We are not city peeps: While public transport is convenient – the city is draining – too many people – thus to stay local and have the advantage of easy transport – or stay out and commute in for sights…….yet to decide.
- Down days are mandatory: Rest is needed – travel days are tiring and we all get cranky – time alone and simple rest keeps us sane
- NO screens!: The kids are allowed screen time only after diner and family time. We are sure that if the day starts with screens, surprisingly – no one would ever want to go out. The same is said for travel – trains etc – better to see the real world than an electronic one.